Set up two-factor authentication
We recommend to use Google Authenticator app, however there might be other third party services which allow you use two-factor authentication and which can be installed on your mobile device.
Please note that if you cannot use the two-factor authentication due to your organization's policy, you do not need to install the Google Authenticator App on your phone and can skip this section by clicking the 'Complete and Continue' button on top.
- Two factor authentication is available to use - this adds an extra layer of security to your Castor account.
- To enable two factor authentication, you should first make sure that the Google Authenticator app is installed and updated on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in to Castor, navigate to 'Account Settings' and scroll down to the 'User details' section.
- In the 'Enable Google Authenticator' section, select ‘Yes’ from the dropdown menu.
- A QR code will be displayed - you need to open the Google Authenticator app and scan this code or manually enter the provided key.
- If your organization has requested for all users to use two-factor authentication, you will be prompted to set up the Google Authenticator app when you are logging into Castor for the first time.
- Once you have scanned the QR code or entered the key, Google Authenticator will display a 6 digit code, you should type this code into the field and click 'Configure'.
- Once configured, CastorEDC will appear in your Google Authenticator app. Every time you log into Castor, you will need to provide the 6-digit code generated in the Authenticator app.