Exporting data into SPSS format
- In the Records tab, click the Export icon
- Select 'SPSS' as Export Type.
- Select the part of the study that you want to export, or select 'Entire study' to export everything.
- Click the ‘Export’ button
- Open the downloaded zip file and extract it.
- Extract the data in a new folder, later on you have to insert the path of this folder in SPSS.
- Navigate to the folder with the extracted files
- Study data, Surveys and reports are exported separately, there are 'sps' files of them too
- Make sure you know the file path, as you will need to add it to the spss syntax file
- In Windows, right click on the file and click 'Properties'. The file path is listed next to 'Location'.
- In Mac, select the file, then press Command + i. The file path is listed next to 'Where'.
- Open the file with the study title _syntax.sps to import the record data (with no surveys and reports).
- Insert the path to the file after the /FILE parameter. This is the location where you extracted the zip file
- If you are using SPSS version 21 or higher you should remove the line containing /QUALIFIER
- Select all lines in the SPSS Syntax file by clicking CTRL + A and click on the green play button.
- Open the Data Editor of SPSS. You can find it at the bottom of your screen.